- Course Information
This qualification was developed to meet the industry demand for the growing number of roles in software and web application development. It’s a career focused qualification awarded by Gateway Qualifications and has been developed in consultation with an industry advisory council of companies in the tech sector. Over 90% of graduates are employed within 6 months of qualifying.
- Course Code
- Learner Aim Reference
- Attendance Pattern
- Course Level
- Level 5
- Course Location
- Start Date
- Age Group
- Adults (19+)
- Course Duration
- 1 year
This course is delivered through an online learning platform which is accessible 24/7. The platform not only provides course content, it also has online 24/7 tutor support, a personal industry mentor for every learner, personalised career services consultations, etc.
The qualification aims to develop:
- knowledge and skills in the design, development and testing of code solutions to information processing problems
- competence in the application of frameworks and code libraries to optimise the production and testing of code solutions
- knowledge and understanding of systems for storing data and acquire skills in accessing and integrating data from various sources
- an understanding of the characteristics of user interfaces and implement solutions that meet user requirements
- competence in the deployment of web-based information systems that are secure
- competence in working in a team managing a project to deliver a coding solution.
This qualification will:
- Prepare learners for a career in web development
- Provide additional skills to those working in tech roles who wish to become developers
- Prepare learners for employment in the tech sector working in a variety of developer roles across the full-stack of tech development.
- Entry Requirements
In line with the entry requirements, you will be expected to undertake a skills test to see if you are eligible for this course.
- How will I be assessed?
The course focuses on the practical build of an application and includes four milestone projects to assess the learners progress at the end of each module. The college evaluates the project work. Learners must pass every project to achieve the final award.
- Progression Pathway
On successful completion of the course, you will be provided with the Diploma in Web Application Development, awarded by Gateway Qualifications. You may also wish to further develop your skills and knowledge by studying further.
- Delivery Method - Online
This course is currently delivered fully online. This is under regular review and any changes will be updated here.